Thoughts, news and advice by Marna Goldstein Thall on natural weight loss, losing weight without diets, guided meditations, living your dreams, books, fitness, exercise, and anything else she cares to comment on, including her love for dogs, her family, stress, humor, and relationships.

Enter your Email:

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Changing Negative Self-Talk to Lose Weight and Feel Great

Anyone who knows me knows that when I talk about my coaching and the work I do, I get really passionate and happy. I LOVE coaching! Just love it!!!

Over the past year, I've had a very nice and full practice and the clients that
I now have, are some of my favorite clients of all time.

Well lately, many of my clients have been focusing not so much on weight, but
more on their self-talk and the results have been astounding!


Here are some fun mental shifting that will have long-lasting results:


1. Imagine not worrying about your weight. Just loving your body for what it does, where it is in this world, and what it has been through. Imagine negativity for your body no longer being an option.

2. I'm sure you've heard that whatever you focus on, expands. This is absolutely true for your body. If you focus on having to lose weight, you will continue to live in the land of depression. You will become more isolated and you will have less joy with your body.

Just think about it. If you focus on the annoying dishes that your husband left out from the night before, and then you notice what he didn't do in the bathroom, what he should have done in the garage, etc. the irritation will grow. If however, you just put the dishes away or ask to have them put away, it's done. No more focusing and no more irritation.

The more irritated you are with wanting a flat belly, the more you will focus on how
it's not flat and it will probably even get bigger. What about just placing your hands on your belly and saying "thank you belly for storing all these organs.” “Thank you stomach for allowing me to grow and carry children (if you have them).” “Thank you belly for digesting food and signaling hunger when it’s time for me to eat."

Commit to ONLY paying attention to when your belly is looking better and commenting on those times.

3. Stop making excuses like genetics, thyroid (that's one I've personally been using and I must stop NOW), slow metabolism, or anything else that you've used to feel negative about your body. Don't choose to allow your mind to play into that negative self talk that leaves you feeling fat, ugly or empty.

When you choose to take your mind to a beautiful place around your body, you will see your body and life transform. You will improve your confidence, enjoy power positive and powerful relationships, you will engage in activities you forgot you enjoyed and your life will be more fulfilled.

Do not underestimate the power of your mind in transforming your body. Start today!
All I can tell you is that my clients are my inspiration. They are feeling better, happier, seeing their bodies change and life shift all over the place. This works when you work with your mind!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find this to be true; the more I think about how big I am the more depressed I become and the worse I continue to feel and the more bad thoughts I have and the circle continues.

8:29 AM

 
Blogger Marna Goldstein Thall said...

It's so true. When you reverse this entire circle, thinness is yours!

8:51 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...


jordans
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet
pandora charms
ugg boots
canada goose outlet
pandora outlet
nike factory outlet
longchamp bags
yeezy boost 350

9:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home