Thoughts, news and advice by Marna Goldstein Thall on natural weight loss, losing weight without diets, guided meditations, living your dreams, books, fitness, exercise, and anything else she cares to comment on, including her love for dogs, her family, stress, humor, and relationships.

Enter your Email:

Monday, July 20, 2009

Are You Misreading Your Cravings

Today I’d like to explore what happens when cravings become problematicand what to do about it.

We all have food cravings here and there. It’s quite normal and most of the time,it’s your body letting you know what type of food you need to keep you living and looking your best. Some cravings however lead to overeating and bingeing.

Today I’d like to help you identify when a craving is just a craving, or when you should watch out for something else at play.

1. The first type of craving is a typical craving. This craving is when you check in with your body and you are hungry. As part of being hungry you crave protein, carbohydrates, sugar or a combination of these. You then prepare your meal and choose to the food based on what type of food you crave. When your meal ends, you are left satisfied and comfortable; not thinking much of the meal and able to carry on with your day.

2. The second type what I call unstoppable food cravings, which are more compulsive in nature. This type of craving is one you can’t seem to walk away from – it’s a force to be reckoned with. This, my friend, is something I want you to be aware of. This type of craving will add loads of pounds to your body and will confuse your natural food signals. It’s your body’s way of saying “when you give me this food, there’s something within my biochemistry right now that won’t let me stop eating it until it’s completely gone. This is more of an addiction or food allergy that you need to deal with. If for example you can’t seem to rip your hands away from ice cream, then one or two bites will never just do the trick. Then, for the time being, ice cream is off your list of items you should consume for a little while.

I too have this issue and it’s with sugar. There are times where I crave sugar so much that I know it’s not “normal”, it’s not a simple “I would like to have sugar” it’s a “I have to have it”, which signals me to know I’m in the danger zone. When this happens, I just take a few weeks and cut back on my sugar intake to neutralize my body, and slowly begin tointroduce sugar back into my diet. Our bodies are spectacular and they deliver such precise information when you know what to listen for. Tune into your body. If there is something out of balance giving you unstoppable food cravings – that’s information for you. It’s your body telling you there is something out of whack. Fix it, and move on.

If you’d like to discover your own body in more detail , I’d love to coach you into balance, health and youth. I have a few slots available, so if those times work, just fill out this quick form and we can find a time on Friday or Monday to get you in for coaching. My coaching rates are $185 - $320 per month, so they are quite reasonable. Click here to sign up: http://www.thinwithin.com/coaching.htm

If you’d like a less expensive option, become a www.ThinWithinU.com member, where you will receive over 40 instructional audios, as well as coaching.

WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE, BLOG OR WEB SITE?
You can as long as you just include this complete blurb with it: Marna Goldstein Thall, CHT, weight loss coach and non-diet expert, publishes a weekly ezine to help you think and live thin from within. If you're ready to attract the body you desire through the use of guided meditation, law of attraction and success principles, get your complimentary weight loss assessment and tools now at www.ThinWithin.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home