Thoughts, news and advice by Marna Goldstein Thall on natural weight loss, losing weight without diets, guided meditations, living your dreams, books, fitness, exercise, and anything else she cares to comment on, including her love for dogs, her family, stress, humor, and relationships.

Enter your Email:

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Is Looking Good Looking Enough, Really Enough?

Yesterday I felt really inspired to go workout, which I do at leisure here and there. I enjoyed some weights and then did the elliptical machine and scurried home to watch the Bachelorette, which I taped (Yeah, don't make fun of me for watching it, it's trashy but I'm a sucker for the show).

I had an ah-ha moment that you may be able to relate to...

Sometimes I settle for looking good enough, being successful enough or working out just enough, without really tasting how amazing super sexy feels, super successful is, a super sweaty workout can be. If I'm going to waste my brainpower on having goals, I want to have goals that are spectacular, that are amazing, and that are ridiculously fantastic!!!!!

I found that as I've gone from my mid 20's to mid 30's, I've sometimes been too easy on myself. I've been so lucky to fall into a career I love and find success in my work, yet sometimes I take my life for granted. I don't push beyond my limits. I don't wake up earlier to inspire hundreds of more people each day. I don't offer as many seminars as I could. I workout in comfort versus pushing my body a smidge harder each time - so my results are 'eh...average. I've just allowed moderate success part of who I am...UM, NO!!!!

I don't want my husband and me to be "moderate" or "average". I want us to be spectacular!!! I want us to live this life in a big and magnificent fashion. We deserve to and so do you.

What is spectacular living for you? Share with me, inspire me and let me know! Spectacular living for me is:

*Waking up early - meditating and going for a brisk walk, jog, or hitting the gym with an even stronger workout than the day before. Pushing myself to see all that I am and all that I can be.

*Inspiring thousands more men and women to through tough love to live thin from within, to honor their bodies - and to drop weight by doing the work it takes to think, eat and live thin.

*To eat in a way that continues to honor my body. Lots of colors, lots of beauty, lots of delicious foods.

*Spending money on beautiful clothes, beautiful makeup, beautiful hair products, taking care of my body and my skin so it glows beyond where I've been.

*Stand tall, walk with confidence and use my mind to explode my success, my body results and my life.

*Stand in gratitude for my continued success, each and every one of you that I hear from each and every day, each client I have the privilege to coach, and all the gifts in my life. What about you?

Where are you just settling? Where are you saying okay is good enough? Share with me!

7 Comments:

Anonymous KCLAnderson (Karen) said...

How interesting...I have found that as I moved from my late 30s and early 40s into my mid-to-late 40s that I've been way too hard on myself; sometimes even hurting myself in an effort to become what I consider perfect. There's a big difference between "the best I can be" and "perfect" and it has taken me a long time to know the difference and accept myself.

Spectacular living for me is many of the same things it is for you and it includes being gentle with, and forgiving of, myself.

11:44 AM

 
Blogger Marna Goldstein Thall said...

That's soo great to hear. I agree with you...spectacular living isn't about being too hard or about being perfect - since that would make anyone crazy. For me, I think I've been too lazy - not seeing all that I can be. It's time to be that spectacular person.

11:49 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! I honestly can say that reading your words were so timely for me today! I agree, that during my 30's, having kids, working from home and not HAVING to leave the house for any reason has put me in a comfort zone. However, in that comfort zone, I've gained weight and just generally lost my passion. I really love what you had to say and I actually have pretty much the same goals and I find what you wrote an inspiration to me. Thank you!

3:03 PM

 
Anonymous Jack said...

Great, very inspiring post. When you get a moment, you might want to check out this site -- ahamoment.com -- it was created by Mutual of Omaha to highlight good works, inspirational stories, and "aha moments" of all kinds. Perhaps you'll even be inspired to share your own story. That would be great.

Thanks and keep up the good work,

jack@ahamoment.com

9:57 PM

 
Anonymous CathyV said...

I enjoyed reading what you wrote. I wonder how easy it is to maintain this level spectatularity (new word)but it is priceless to read something like what you have written as it can be the catalyst for change even if it only lasts a while (until something else grabs your attention and pushes you on to do more again).
Thanks

10:41 PM

 
Anonymous Kat said...

For me, it is about finding balance. When I worked out like a crazy woman after my divorce, I got my body into great shape, but neglected my emotions and relationships. When I got into a great relationship, and changed jobs to find work that I love, I have neglected my workouts and eating plan. I hyperfocus on one or two things that I try to do perfectly, but other areas suffer. I am working on finding happiness and balance in all things that I do. For me, living in the day, being happy, grateful and joyous is magnificent!

7:47 PM

 
Blogger Marna Goldstein Thall said...

These are such great comments. For some of you it seems like you've been running yourself into the ground with sooo much to do, yet for others it seems like there's a little more POW you need to create in your life. I have been coming from the latter. Thank you so much for posting. It's really interesting to hear what you have to say and the perspective in which you are coming from!

8:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home