Thoughts, news and advice by Marna Goldstein Thall on natural weight loss, losing weight without diets, guided meditations, living your dreams, books, fitness, exercise, and anything else she cares to comment on, including her love for dogs, her family, stress, humor, and relationships.

Enter your Email:

Monday, November 02, 2009

My Head Is Spinning

For all of you mothers and fathers out there who have had to figure out what in the world to purchase your baby, I commend you - it’s no easy task when you have absolutely no idea
what to do.

My head is spinning with all the advice, information and stuff out there regarding what to purchase and what not to purchase.

I had no idea there could be so many things to think about. And by the way, who knew car seats, bedding, and strollers are so expensive? Wowsers!!

This weekend my husband and I strolled into Babies R’ Us to register. After three hours and so much stuff pushed into our brains we were numb.


I then spent three more hours on the internet later that evening researching bedding, until I found the one I love….


I'm showing it to you, but please don’t tell me you don’t like it, just agree that it’s fabulous!

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=40255&vid=1&pid=580772

However I would love to know your opinion looking at the bedding what you think I should paint the room.

Any of you designers out there – please let me know! The crib looks like this:



Yesterday we had places to go, and thank goodness for the warmth and patience of my wonderful husband! He’s amazing.

We got up, ate some breakfast (I had oatmeal if you must know – with bananas and agave)

Then we took the dogs to the park and ran them around…then off to shopping where we went to Bed Bath and Beyond, The Gap, the mall, Joanne’s Fabric, the paint store, Sports Authority, and then I wanted to fall over aching feet.

Yesterday I was wearing my boots because I was playing in the snow in the morning with my dogs.

By midday I was craving my favorite shoes….

For all of you pregnant women out there…or not pregnant…if you haven’t purchased a pair of Dansko shoes, I highly recommend doing so. They won’t win any beauty contests, but they are wonderful.

If you have weak or wobbly ankles, then don’t take may advice,
because I do tend to fall on my ankles on them from time to time.

These are my slip-on faves, and yesterday I was aching for them.

So that’s where I’m at.

Oh, and if you haven’t signed up for the seminar and support group I’m offering next week on breaking free from emotional eating or mindless eating, what are you waiting for?

No excuses, just action!

http://www.thinwithin.com/breakingfree.html

See you on this blog,

Marna

3 Comments:

Anonymous Sonia McDowell said...

I just wanted to offer an idea for paint color in your baby girl's room. The light green background on your webpage looks like it would go with the pink and chocolate bedding you picked out....which by the way, is absolutely FABULOUS! ;-)

5:58 PM

 
Blogger Marna Goldstein Thall said...

Thank you Sonia. I so appreciate your idea for paint color. I love it. I'm glad you like the bedding, we received it yesterday.

10:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ghd eefjfosw GHD Hair Straightener uiymtpqn GHD Australia qdrmztnt cheap ghd ucznhugu

7:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home