Thoughts, news and advice by Marna Goldstein Thall on natural weight loss, losing weight without diets, guided meditations, living your dreams, books, fitness, exercise, and anything else she cares to comment on, including her love for dogs, her family, stress, humor, and relationships.

Enter your Email:

Monday, October 19, 2009

The Belly Is Growing and I Feel Great About It

I'm almost half way through my pregnancy! We're at 19 weeks and I can't wait to have my 20 week ultrasound next Wednesday.

You will be happy to know that I've settled into pregnancy nicely. I'm enjoying my fun new clothes, which I've purchased from the Gap, Motherhood Maternity and A Pea in the Pod. A few wonderful friends have allowed me to borrow some cute shirts and pants too - and now that I'm really showing, its pretty darn fun having this cute little belly!

What I'm learning is that an important part of pregnancy is embracing my body and it's changes. My belly button isn't looking the same and neither really is any part of my belly. At first I became wider and now I'm just growing belly-out. I'm having fun with it, my husband is adoring it, and I'm now feeling some cute fluttering here and there too.

A few times this week I've felt overly full eating ice cream when I really wasn't hungry enough to enjoy it fully. Just like with my "normal" not-pregnant thinwithin eating, I am still eating thin. I make sure that I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm no longer hungry. Yes, the hunger is more often, but the signals are just the same. The few times I've felt overly full this week, has not felt great and I need to stop it. I hate that feeling and that hate motivates me not to overeat. Any overeating makes me feel really uncomfortable and just can't be good for me or the baby!

If you've been like me and had a week where you ate a few times more than what you needed to eat, let's all choose to honor our bodies a smidge better this week. We can do it!

How are you all doing with managing any overeating tendencies?

1 Comments:

Blogger Renita Farrall said...

Marna,

Glad to see you in a different mindset. Wishing you well and much healthy eating during this special time.

Renita

3:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home