Thoughts, news and advice by Marna Goldstein Thall on natural weight loss, losing weight without diets, guided meditations, living your dreams, books, fitness, exercise, and anything else she cares to comment on, including her love for dogs, her family, stress, humor, and relationships.

Enter your Email:

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

From Bingeing to Freedom-A Beautiful Story

"Before I heard about Marna, I really had hit an all time low. I was binging and purging and couldn't stop. If I did stop, it was to go on a diet and once I was off the diet, the bingeing and purging would resume. I had been doing this for two years, but I had been struggling with eating issues my whole life really. I had tried every diet possible and every exercise regimen out there. I even tried acupuncture and Chinese medicine. The novelty of each new "solution" would eventually wear off and I'd be right back to where I started.

In May of 2006, I really thought that the next stop would have to be an eating disorder treatment center. The self-loathing I was experiencing was literally incapacitating. Then I heard about Marna and she gave the tools I needed to change my life. Instead of obsessing about food and my weight, I started to obsess about all the ways that I could enrich my life. I began taking voice lessons, enrolled in Pilates teaching certification course, and playing basketball and trivial with friends on the weekends. I became the person I always wanted to be simply by making it so. Once I started living a fulfilled life, I had so many other things to think about and focus on and food just moved into the background.

It's been six months since I last purged--the longest time in the past two or three years -- and I've lost around 15 pounds that I know will never come back.

This was the first Thanksgiving since I can remember where I simply enjoyed myself and ate the foods I wanted to eat and didn't think twice about it. The guilt that I spent a lifetime building around food has disappeared-there is so much more to life than worrying about food. It's possible to change, but it's YOU that has to do it!

Thanks Marna!
-Samantha Dickinson"


If you would like to receive coaching so you can be a success story like Samantha, go to:

www.thinwithin.com/coaching.htm

In love and gratitude,

Marna

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home