Thoughts, news and advice by Marna Goldstein Thall on natural weight loss, losing weight without diets, guided meditations, living your dreams, books, fitness, exercise, and anything else she cares to comment on, including her love for dogs, her family, stress, humor, and relationships.

Enter your Email:

Monday, October 15, 2007

What Advice Do You Have For Kids Wanting To Lose Weight?

Have you ever done something in your life and all of a sudden you find yourself taking a trip down memory lane.

Even if memory lane is painful?

Creating Thin From Within Kids has been just that.

I've had a blast because I know our program works and we're seeing great results, but challenging because it's reminded me of the pain I felt when I was a kid gaining weight.

This Thursday I am getting ready to do a FREE call with my partner Kim, and in preparation for the call, we've been talking about how great it would have been to have personalized coaching like this available to us when we were kids.

Coaching that was gentle and kind. A safe space where we could talk and discuss the pain, the frustration and the realness of our situation. Oh, what a difference that would have made to our self-esteem!

Being heavy as a child was challenging...

When I was 12 years old, I remember trying to cross my legs and remember the feeling of seeing unsightly fat push out. Or the times I hid behind the camera in fear of having my picture taken, or getting dressed in the locker room during gym class hiding my body in hopes that my friends wouldn't see my tiny chest and large thighs.

Being an overweight kid is tough. It's painful. If you are one or were one, you know what I'm talking about.

That's why I'm so excited for Thursday night. We are going to reveal some insights regarding motivation, regarding permanent weight loss, and we are going to dive into many of the questions we hear on a daily basis from our kids and teens.

I want kids and teens to know:

1. In order to change your weight, all you have to do is change your mind.
2. Motivation can be learned, and if you don't have it it's perfectly normal!
3. Diets don't work!
4. You deserve to love yourself right now, so don't wait.
5. Move beyond your limiting beliefs to look and feel fabulous!

What would you want them to know? If you could roll the clock of time back, what advice do you have for the kids, teens and parents we'll be talking to on Thursday night?

Let me know! I'll share some of them on the call.

To sign up for the call, click here: http://www.thinfromwithinkids.com

Marna

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home