Thoughts, news and advice by Marna Goldstein Thall on natural weight loss, losing weight without diets, guided meditations, living your dreams, books, fitness, exercise, and anything else she cares to comment on, including her love for dogs, her family, stress, humor, and relationships.

Enter your Email:

Sunday, August 27, 2006

A Little Known Secret To How I Got Started...

Many people, not even most of my friends know how I got started coaching people in this area of non-diet weight loss...

Nine years ago I had a small scare with cancer. At the time, my grandmother was dying of lung cancer and so all I saw around me was cancer, cancer, cancer. It was a scary time. I felt lonely and worried. I never thought I'd hear the word cancer, no less hear it from the Dr. about me.

I am absolutely fine now. All clear! No worries. That year of the scare (1998), and at age 22, I quit my job and decided to pursue the one thing that I knew...that men and women should stop dieting and start living like naturally thin people. You never know when you are going to breathe your last breath and I wanted to pursue something that I was passionate about! Nine years later I am still totally committed to natural weight loss, I still absolutely hate diets and still feel the incredible passion for each and every client I see (in fact, I think it grows with time).

I was recently interviewed by wonderful woman Lizza, the owner of WLTips.com (stands for Weight Loss Tips) where some of these details came out. She's a fabulous woman with a brilliant idea. She basically interviews people who have been successful in keeping their weight off for years. I am honored and blessed that she chose to interview me.

You can see the full interview at: http://wltips.com/Marna-Goldstein.html

Marna

P.S. My grandmother, sadly did pass away a year after starting Thin From Within (It was called Model Image then because I thought we all have a Model Image that we'd like to attain...well everyone thought it was a modeling agency. That was one of my first of many lessons through owning a business). My initial snail-mail newsletters were dedicated to her. My beautiful grandmother did see me start the business and witness my dedication to her. She was the single biggest loss in my life thus far. I think about and miss her daily!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home